Winter Vegetable Lasagne
Easy Vegetable Lasagne | Healthy Main Course Recipes - Flora ProActiv
Few meals are as comforting on a cold winter's evening than a lasagne. This vegetable lasagne recipe retains that warm filling meal and makes it a delicious healthy dish.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 35 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into wedges
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 1 courgette
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 400 gram canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano or thyme
- 6 sheets lasagne sheets
- 25 grams Flora pro.activ buttery spread
- 25 grams plain flour
- 350 ml skimmed milk
- 55 grams cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 4 slices toasted granary bread
- 40 grams Flora pro.activ buttery spread
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cut the parsnips, sweet potato, carrot and courgette into chunks and place in a roasting tin. Add the onions and pepper, drizzle with oil and roast in a preheated oven at 190˚C/180˚C Fan/Gas mark 5 for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked.
- When cooked, mix with the tomatoes, tomato purée, chilli powder and herbs.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce by placing the Flora ProActiv Buttery spread and flour into a saucepan. Add the skimmed milk gradually, constantly stirring over a moderate heat. Bring to the boil.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and thickened. Add half the cheese and the mustard.
- Assemble the lasagne by placing half the vegetables in an ovenproof dish, cover with three sheets of lasagne and top with half the sauce. Repeat layers ending with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to oven for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Toast the bread and mix the garlic, Flora ProActiv Buttery spread and chopped parsley. Spread the mix onto the toasted granary bread.
|Energy (kcal)||662 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2770 kJ|
|Protein (g)||20.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||94.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||84.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||17.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||10.1 g|
|Fat (g)||23.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||6.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||15.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||9.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||5.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||16 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||359 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.89 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||10809 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||66.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||393 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.48 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1191 mg|