Posh Fish and Chips
Posh Fish and Chips | Healthy Main Course Recipes - Flora pro.activ
Be the star of a dinner party by adding a touch of class and a healthy kick to a working class staple. This posh fish and chips recipe is a new take on the ageless classic.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 25 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- 450 grams sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 85 g slightly stale sliced bread
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 4 fish fillets (around 175g), e.g. cod, plaice
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 225 g frozen peas
- 30 g Flora pro.activ buttery spread
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1.Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan/Gas mark 6.
- Toss the chips in half the oil and spread evenly over a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the fish by placing the bread, half the parsley and lemon zest in a food processor and blitz until like rough breadcrumbs.
- Stir through a tablespoon of oil.
- Place flour, egg, and crumbs on separate plates and dunk each fillet in flour, then egg, finishing with the crumbs. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for the last 12 minutes of chips' cooking time.
- While the fish is cooking, cook the peas in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain and mash with the Flora ProActiv spread, capers (if used), mint and remaining parsley and lemon zest.
- Add the yogurt to achieve a soft consistency and serve with the fish and chips.
|Energy (kcal)||547 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2287 kJ|
|Protein (g)||44.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||34.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||29.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||5.3 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.4 g|
|Fat (g)||24.9 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||4.3 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||18.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||7.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||10.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||155 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||333 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.83 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||12395 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||23.6 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||192 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.65 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1108 mg|