Baked Apple with Ginger and Orange
Baked Apple & Ginger | Healthy Dessert Recipes - Flora ProActiv
A healthy dessert of baked apple and ginger, this after dinner treat is easy to prepare and delicious to eat. You don't have to let healthy eating get in the way of your sweet tooth.
- Recipe serves: 2
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- 2 cooking apples
- 30 grams fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 55 grams dates finely chopped
- 4 tbsp water
- 25 grams Flora pro.activ buttery spread
- 1 orange zested
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan oven, gas mark 6.
- Score carefully with a sharp knife around the middle of the apples, and using an apple corer remove the core and pips. Place on a baking tray.
- Combine the dates and stem ginger together and fill the centre of the apples with the mixture. Add the water to the dish. Bake for 30–35 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile blend Flora ProActiv spread, orange zest, ground ginger and honey.
- When the apples are ready, serve with the flavoured Flora ProActiv spread and allow to melt over the apples.
|Energy (kcal)||320 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1340 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.1 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||66.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||57.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||46.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||8.9 g|
|Fat (g)||8.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||5.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||3.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||7 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.02 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||735 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||54.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||78 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.13 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||551 mg|